Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my distribitor took a crap. i had a 84 dist laying around i put it in now the car sstarts but runs on what sounds to be 2 cylenders and it wont stay running. i am wondering if the dist is compatable with the 87 t2 stuff?

·
Banned
422 Posts
nope the dist are diffrent 84 85 are the same but you need 86 and up.try your local junk yard or goto mopar or advance and buy a new hep or pickup coil for your old one

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i thought. the hep is quite a bit diffrent on the 84 distr than the 87... probably why only 2 cylenders are fireing. well i figured a free fix would be worth the 5 mins of time to see if it would work. guess its off to the parts store. thanx. hopeing a new Hep isnt to pricey.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was planning on going in the morning... right now i just need it to run or the city will impound the car. i highly doubt any dodge dealer around here will have the part in stock.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'd check to be sure, it would suck to spend 40 bucks on one, only to be in the same boat in a couple months.:) Hope you get it goin'! When I start driving my Charger in the spring, I'm gonna carry a spare just in case.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i checked the dodge dealers no one has it. checked 5 diffrent parts store only one had 1 in stock. got it put it in car fired right up..... but... imma have to start a new thread for this cuz it died 5 mins later. :mad::bang head

1 - 10 of 10 Posts