Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
24,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
This is just a heads up..
I am having Cataract Surgery on Monday so I will not be back on until Tuesday at the soonest if everything goes well.

·
Super Moderator
11,695 Posts
best wishes for you Naj !!
hope you feel much better really soon and don't force yourself - take all the time you feel like you need - for everything

·
Registered
803 Posts
I just saw this post. No rush on the PM I sent you and best wishes on a speedy recovery!

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,454 Posts
Good luck sir! I know several people have had it done and are extremely happy with the end result.

·
Administrator
24,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update...
All went well, now it is just a waiting period to completely heal and see how my vision adjusts.

I was actually able to read the instrument cluster in my Daytona.
Before, with my glasses (Bi-Focals) sitting in the drivers seat I was too far for the reading glasses part and too close for the distance part and could never read the numbers on the speedometer/odometer from the drivers seat, yesterday driving home I saw the entire instrument cluster plan as day without glasses.

I am kind of in between with the computer and reading, Before I needed reading glasses (3.00) to read anything on the computer, now I can read most things on the computer without any glasses and when I cannot see something it appears my current reading glasses are too strong, which is good.

I will be gone for 4 days for Thanksgiving so I will be back on Monday.

Everyone have a Great Thanksgiving!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Regarding being in between on the computer, see if this fits for you - I use a large monitor and an easy chair that puts my head back about 3' from the monitor which is a comfortable distance for my eyes (adjust to fit you). Then I have a chunk of 3/4" birch plywood about 14 x 26 that I put my keyboard and mouse on which I set across the arms of the chair when I'm using it so they're closer to me.

·
Administrator
24,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I went from 3.00 reading glasses to 1.50 reading glasses just for the computer.
The eye doctor said that the stronger the reading glasses the closer you need to be to see clearly, that explains why after the surgery I had to put my face right in front of the screen using the 3.00's.
Now I can sit back comfortably in my computer chair and all is well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts