Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a windage tray for the 2.2 motor or is this a make on your own item?

·
Registered
429 Posts
grant racing is selling some nice common block oil pans.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok fwd performance does not show them so i will check these other guys out
Thank you.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Doesn't the pan sit so low that the crank isn't even spinning in the standing oil? Most chrysler V-8s, the crank hangs low, somewhat submerged in the oil, making windage trays usefull, but the crank in these 2.2s is pretty well up in the block. No?

·
Registered
15,058 Posts
tvanlant said:
Doesn't the pan sit so low that the crank isn't even spinning in the standing oil? Most chrysler V-8s, the crank hangs low, somewhat submerged in the oil, making windage trays usefull, but the crank in these 2.2s is pretty well up in the block. No?
2.2 no, 2.5 with no balance shafts-yes.

All engines will benefit from a windage tray and when things get violent, IE high RPM, cornering, the oil gets picked up and hits the crank causing it to slow down, also the oil gets aeroated and I am sure more but bottom line, they help.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Do you have any pics of the windage tray you made?

·
Registered
165 Posts
the crank dosent set in the oil but it is close enough that the windage the crank creates will actually pull the oil up into the rotating assembly

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I'm thinking a making a windage tray from expanded metal (wire mesh plate) and using the old balance shaft holes,bolts, and some spacers to mount it. What do you think? :)

·
Banned
1,765 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts