Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm helping a buddy re-do a Daytona. The rubber "sweep" along the bottom of the window has cracked and looks bad and was wondering if you can still buy this peice or what do people do to replace it? The passenger side is fine, just the driver side in bad shape. Also wondering how difficult is it to remove the black plastic trim that goes around the windows on the doors? Any special tools? Thanks for any help or advice.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I don't know if they are NS-1 yet on the Daytonas. I bought a set from ebay a couple of years ago for my Daytona. To get the rubber piece out the window wipe there are screws that hold it in, the service manual recomends taking the glass out to access them, I have a 90 degree screwdriver I used for this but it takes a long time. To get the whole metal trim off around the window, i think there are 7 clips the hold it to the window opening. You have to take out the channel weather striping to access it, plus the screws that hold the rubber window wipe and the side mirror. Becarefull when you take the clips off because they might fly off into the bottom of the door of elsewhere. Really is not that difficult.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks for the detailed description of how to do the job, I really appreciate it. I don't mean to be dumb, but what does NS-1 stand for? I really need these so I hope it doesn't mean not available.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
NS1 no longer serviced (obsolete). May still be at various dealerships or other venders but not available from Chrysler. Get the part number and run it at PartsVoice.com
username: martink password: 88602

1 - 5 of 5 Posts