Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dose anyone know where i can find the plastic trim and rubber seal that goes at the botom of the door windows for an 86 daytona?

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you are refering to the window scrapers, those are very hard to find. Most of the ones I've seen at the yard have been in the same condition as the ones on my 84 and 86 Daytonas. I don't know of any vendors selling replacements, if some here knows of a vendor I would be intrested in that info.

·
Registered
59 Posts
dose anyone know where i can find the plastic trim and rubber seal that goes at the botom of the door windows for an 86 daytona?

You can't. Period. The ONLY hope you have is to find a decent set used in a yard somewhere.

*There is someone who sells complete weatherstripping sets for T-top Daytonas which I believe include the scrapers. Don't know what he has left, though.*

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Dude any idea on how to get in touch this guy that might have the moldings?

Hey sittn86 is that the official name? Down here I've always heard of that trim refered to as window scraper. If that's the official name it might aid in the search for a replacement.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Yeah, that's what they're called at the dealer. It won't probably won't help, though. They've been NS1 for years. They pop up on ebay once in a blue moon. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. I gave up on getting a set for my Charger long ago.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just out of curiousity, if you found ones from other vehicles that matched up fairly close, couldn't a guy use those?
I had a perfect spare set packed up in all my stuff before I left for college many many years back. Next time I get home I'll try to go thru my stuff and see if I still have them. I was kind of a packrat and had a ton of random stuff like this that people really need now.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I've been planning to remove the inners from my Duster parts car & staple them to my Charger's door panels. I've taken some rough measurements, and it seems as though it will work. The outers are a different story, though. I haven't looked real closely at my Charger yet, but on a car like my Duster or a Daytona, it's one metal piece with the rubber bonded to it all the way around. I think the Charger has a painted metal piece with the rubber pinched into it or bonded to the back side of it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well if you're desperate I don't see why something fairly close wouldn't work. its not like this is a part that's too terribly different from car to car. Lengths would be the only concern, find something long enough and clip down. Screw it in and use some silicon sealant to finish it off. That'd be my plans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts