Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was out yesterday and everything was fine and all the sudden now my pwr. windows have stopped working. I tore the switch apart and its sending current to the wires for the motors but nothing..

any ideas.. its suppose to rain up here and i have one window partially down...

·
Administrator
25,738 Posts
Did you recieve the info I sent thru the PM?
Is the problem corrected?
Do you still need the wiring?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NAJ.... i pm'd you back, i still have the problem i was at work sorry for taking so long. i dont understand cuz both windows arent working. I can use a jumper wire at the switch and they still wont work. Im just not sure how its all set up on these cars ( newbie ) It doesnt make since to me, since both windows arent working like theres one thing stopping it ???i

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: windows quit working ( figure it out )

well.. after pokeing around with my digi meter i took the door panels off and was getting current to the motors but neither would work. I went back to the switch and it has a 12v power wire and a common ground wire for "BOTH" motors. that was my problem if you look at the pic the prong with the metal flat piece coming off of it is the ground for the pwr. window motors, the sauder had broke and i was loseing ground to both motors. I took a jumper wire and touched to ground and touched to the "ground prong " on the switch and the windows started working... now all i gotta do is find another switch:eek:

·
Administrator
25,738 Posts
Got your PM, glad you found the problem.
If there is a part # on the old switch I can tell you if it is still available from Mopar.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just re-soldered the old switch and its working now.. i called the junk yard and they wanted 25 bucks for a used switch... cheaper to re-solder :)

im gonna try and dig out my headlight module and work on it next..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts