Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few weeks ago my wiper arm bushings decided to call it quits, so I replaced them with bushings I got from the dealer. They've been holding up well, but now the drivers side one keeps popping off. (I also cut my hand open trying to mess with this some more lol....5 stitches later...)

I was just wondering if there is a way to tighten up the connection the outer bushings has on the wiper motor arm. I was thinking about putting some gorilla glue inside of the bushings and then slapping it onto the motor arm, but then I thought that the bushings still needs to rotate with the arm when it moves.....You guys ever make a permanent fix for this?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I seem to remember someone doing a bolt and bearing conversion a few years back, where they used adjustable rods to replace the stock stamped crap. Been thinking of doing it myself one day.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I never had this happen did you mix up an arm or get one turned around to change the angle?
Tim

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope it was workin fine. Made sure I put everything on there correctly. I"m gonna have to give my friend a few bucks to do it next time it pops out because I now have a chronic fear of putting my hand in there lol

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
its much easier to just pull everything out in 1 piece and work on it at the bench. How hard were the bushings to pop in for you? They did come with a little white grease in them right?
Tim

·
Administrator
25,548 Posts
I just did mine about 2 months ago.
Removed the entire wiper trans and used a socket and channel locks to snap them on.
Just don't mix up the left and right pivot.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I just did mine about 2 months ago.
Removed the entire wiper trans and used a socket and channel locks to snap them on.
Just don't mix up the left and right pivot.
I use to use channel locks and a socket but have found and easy way to do them. I have done 4 of my fleet in the last few years.
Tim

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The bushings were pretty easy to put in for me. The capped end did come with grease in it.

What's your easy way Tim?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts

Tim

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the vids, but I already have my bushings in. The problem is the drivers side arm, which has a new bushing with grease, keeps popping off the wiper motor arm.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Frankly, sounds like you don't have it snapped in all the way, they can fool you sometimes. Make sure it's snapped in all the way. If the problem persists you can take the pivot out of the car, drill a small hole down the center of the stud and thread it. Then put in a screw with a large diameter washer. You'll also have to drill the plastic bushing so the screw passes through.

·
Registered
455 Posts
i really hope i dont come across this problem as i JUST replaced the bushings and one of the connecting arms
mine were hard to snap into place so if they just glide right in im gonne bet the hole the busing fit into is to worn out.(if this is the same case i had)
they only need lube one the inside hole on the bushing(my brother put lube all around his so they kept comeing off.)

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
make sure it is snapped it tight and make sure the arm did not get bent causing the angle to be off. What model and year car?
Tim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts