Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
1984 Daytona Turbo Z. I have a question(s) about the connection pictured below. As you can see there have already been a couple of repairs made to some of the wires. The car runs great with no issues but I was never really happy with the repair done. The wires are all getting brittle so I was thinking about trying to remove the rubber hub and just run some new wires in their place. Is there anything inside that hub that I need to know about or is that just how they designed it to connect multiple wires to the same hot lead? What are the two red wires running into it and why are they separate? Do the six wires feeding into the other side need to be spliced into a particular one of the red wires? Do some go to one red and some to the other? Or can everything just be spliced into one big connection? I'm assuming this part is probably no longer available. I'm hoping someone has experience with the same situation and can pass along any advice or issues they may have encountered while making a similar repair.

Thanks in advance!

Motor vehicle Hood Light Automotive exterior Automotive lighting
Circuit component Gas Electronic component Cable Electrical wiring

·
Registered
305 Posts
All those wires are fusible links, best way to clean it up is to convert to a pdc

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
That is the fuselink splice. One main hot lead with several fuselinks to separate systems within the harness. as suggested, replacing them with a Power Distribution Center is the best way, but you can also acquire the fuselink bunch from someone that has an old harness lyingb around.

Hello All,
1984 Daytona Turbo Z. I have a question(s) about the connection pictured below. As you can see there have already been a couple of repairs made to some of the wires. The car runs great with no issues but I was never really happy with the repair done. The wires are all getting brittle so I was thinking about trying to remove the rubber hub and just run some new wires in their place. Is there anything inside that hub that I need to know about or is that just how they designed it to connect multiple wires to the same hot lead? What are the two red wires running into it and why are they separate? Do the six wires feeding into the other side need to be spliced into a particular one of the red wires? Do some go to one red and some to the other? Or can everything just be spliced into one big connection? I'm assuming this part is probably no longer available. I'm hoping someone has experience with the same situation and can pass along any advice or issues they may have encountered while making a similar repair.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 281063 View attachment 281064

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,738 Posts
There are several of us who have converted from fusible links to a later PDC. Stratus and Sebring models and possibly others have a nice PDC that mounts longitudinally in the left front above and behind the battery (ahead of the wheel under the fender). It will fit laterally just forward of the left strut in a K derived body and contains the needed relays (Starter, Fan(s), ASD and a fuel pump) along with AC and some have for lights.

Here is the one in my 1986 LeBaron convertible:
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design Automotive tire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts