Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok new problem. 91 spirit 2.5 auto. Recently when accelerating i am getting a noticeable wobble that goes away if: I let up off the gas or onle give it 1/8 throttle,and it also goes away once up to speed. At 70 mph its smoothe,Im not sure what it could be?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont think its a centering problem. The mounts are good,and I havent messed with anything,bumped anything,or gotten into an accident. Im pretty sure its the passenger side CV axle. Any idea how much $$$ it will take to get replaced at a shop? I just moved and I dont hve the tools or space to do it myself. Also how bad is this? Should I not drive it untill I get it replaced?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Exact same thing happened in my minivan on the way back from the track once. Only did it when attempting to speed up, but any other time, was fine. Replaced one of the axles (can't remember for sure which one now...) and it drove fine from there!

I'd replace ASAP personally. Not sure if it will cause further issues, by why chance it? I think I paid $80 for a new axle at Autozone.

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
I'm gonna go with +1 on the CV joint too, prolly an inner since its a wobble not a chunk/clunk/click

.. altho they can be sometimes hard to figger out which is which ..
sometimes you have to remove them and 'feel' the joints to determine if/which is bad

once yu figure out which is bad,
R&R is a pretty straightforward job...
altho you need a 6' pry bar and assistant to help push the LCA down to dis-engage the LCA ball-joint from the hub,
lol and to re-engage for assembly ;)

a competent mechanic should be able to do this swap in < 1 hour

·
Administrator
26,341 Posts
Before condemming an axle be sure you do not have a tire issue.
Rotate front to back and see if the wobble moves with it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I just had bolth of mine replaced at a shop because I did not have the time to do it myself for $300.00 and they did a great job.top notch parts too. you may also want to check wheel bearing. half shaft bearing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.