Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought 85 GLH Omni they said it needed starter and clutch. Not sure where to start! When I you turn on the key the fuel pump is not coming on, and if you try to start no starter functions. Only thing you get is radio. Looking for ideas on where to start.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
wowsers you got a huge list to go through.
can the engine be turned over by hand- big scredriver on flywheel?(out of gear ign off!)
full charge on battery? grounds good?
fusible links good by battery. ooof the list can go on. I am sure the FSM has a tree of diagnostics.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
if you had one you would know!!! -just kidding
Factory service manual check ebay usually cheap and has all the info needed to do any job.
Check on those things or least get a haynes manual from the parts store.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks On FSM info, brain just ain't working today I guess. Eng will turn over by hand. Is the best way to check fuseable link to pull on wire to see if it's burned into?

·
Administrator
25,737 Posts
If there is a burnt fuseable link and it is not obvious you us an ohmmeter to check continuity on each side of the link(with battery disconnected) or a voltmeter/test light to check for power before and after the link.
You need to check the fuseable links, fuses for power in and out and the ignition switch for power in and out.
The starter relay and ASD relay(part of the PM) on your car both require a constant 12 volt source and a 12 volt switched ignition source.
Here is the wiring for the starter circuit for your car.
Picture quality is poor, that is the way it is in Alldata, I improved the image as best I could.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No power loss light, Codes 11, 12, 33 no A/c in car. Just looking don't see fusable link blown have not had time to check any better yet.

·
Registered
544 Posts
on the starter relay by the drivers side shock tower. There is that U shaped plug. jump the two prongs on each end and the starter should crank. There is a needle valve on the fuel rail. press it in to see if there is fuel pressure, This will tell you if the pump is working .Isolate problems 1 at a time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts