Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Accustar was used on 90-93 Daytona and 90-95 Lebaron.
It appears that the column itself and its components are not serviceable.
View attachment 283951

If you cannot find a column in the "Parts Wanted" section, try here...
Well that really sucks. The bearings aren't difficult to remove. Hate to get another used one with problems. Shipping is a killer to Canada. There used to be a great place here for parts but they shutdown. The land was too valuable to be a wrecking yard.

· Administrator
26,461 Posts
It appears I was incorrect, it seems all tilt columns from 90-up are Accustar and non-tilt columns are Saginaw.
Unfortunately it also appears that none of the Accustar columns are serviceable and are not the same part # for all body styles.
The Saginaw on the other hand is completely serviceable.
From the 1990 FSM
Rectangle Font Parallel Handwriting Circle

1990 Dodge Spirit Tilt Column (Accustar)
Font Parallel Pattern Slope Rectangle

1990 Dodge Spirit Non-Tilt Column (Saginaw)
Font Parallel Rectangle Pattern Slope

I assume there is play in the column where the bad bearing is located?
If it is just a "rubbing" noise you are hearing when you turn the wheel it is the "clockspring", not a bearing.
My clockspring made this noise for ages, then it finally went bad/fell apart in 2014 (24 years), I found an NOS clockspring, installed it and the rubbing noise was gone, temporarily however, it did return and is still there.

· Administrator
26,461 Posts
I do not think that this is a common problem, in 33 years and 187,000 miles the only issues I have had with the column in my 90 Daytona were the clockspring, ignition switch and lock cylinder.
Here is the link to the Chrysler Parts Catalogs so you can see which years/body styles are compatible.

Best Of Luck On Your Hunt!!! 🤞

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that really sucks. The bearings aren't difficult to remove. Hate to get another used one with problems. Shipping is a killer to Canada. There used to be a great place here for parts but they shutdown. The land was too valuable to be a wrecking yard.
Thanks for the tip on where to find parts NAJ. I found a steering column about 4hrs. from my house. $70.00 to ship it to my house. That's cheaper than the gas it would take to drive there and back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts