Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didnt want to make a thread but since havnt got my answer from prev thread lets see if i can get my answer in this section. Basically I intercooled my T1 daytona so the rad was too big and i had to switch it to smaller TII rad and the fan came with it has 2 blade and works a bit rough when turns on. Theory says since it has 2 blade it wont cool the engine faster and better than the bigger smoother T1 fans. So since i dont have my T1 rad/fan i cant say if it would work with this or not. I really like to use T1 fan on TII rad, so would it work? thnx

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
its only a 2 blade? i have later model fan that would fit the t2 rad

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks "Tryingbe" so what you are saying is any fan that is installed on 89 below Daytona would work. Actually theres a minute away from me with lots of Chrysler Dodges but none of them are Turbo. The thing is he doesnt have any Daytonas, but lots of Vans, Lebarons and some Shadows but doesnt Lebaron and Shadows uses the same rad/fan as Daytona?. The guy is a bit crazy and wanted $150 for a 52mm TB which i saw around $35-$50 in here.
"91shelby" how much you'll do shipped to Canada, First i'll see if i can get a good price from him if yes i'll just buy it here since its much faster. If not i'll let you know. Thanks

·
Legendary Driver
10,968 Posts
That metal 2 blade fan is an early T1 fan. The T2 fans were 5 blade and plastic. The fan I like on my T2 rads is the 89-90 3.0 V6 fan. Some slight trimming of the corners is nessacary but easy. The fan is an 11 blade plastic with a flush motor in the back to give you some more room for i/c pipes and such. It also pulls a bit more air than the T2 fan and is uber quiet.

what you need is any car fan really that's half the width of a T1 radiator. The 91"+ fans are usually the full width and obviously won't fit right.

·
Registered
13,525 Posts
Any 89 fan from a Lebaron will fit there fine. The fan is holding on by two clips at the bottom of the radiator and two bolts at the top of the radiator. Take your 2 blade fan there compare and contrast.

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
venom800 pm me and we can figure something out for you, if you still want to do that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts