Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I just recently got another td. It has been awhile thats for sure. But it needs a head so i went and got one and got headbolts and MP engine teardown kit. I was under the assumption it would have the MP gasket in it but instead it seems to have a felpro gasket.part# on kit is p4120868. It was the only part # he could find for a headgasket. The headgasket sais nothing about MP all it says is Felpro 9296pt. Why would I get a felpro gasket if I ordered out of MP catalogue? Also anyone know what all these seals are in the kit. There are few Im not too sure about.

· Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well what the hell is that about. Giving me bunk gaskets

· Registered
4,833 Posts
For some of the seals that are in the kit would include parts for both the Turbo, TBI, and Carb'ed cars. So there are going to be alot of parts you will not need. But for the head gasket in the tear down kit. They use to put the MP Head Gasket in there, but they quit doing that for some odd reason and just went straight for the Felpro kit. But you can order the MP head gasket by itself for about $25 or so and it is completely worth it.

· Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They had better take this crap back then. Why would i order through the dealership out of MP catalogue when I am getting the same parts I would get if I went to Canadian tire or equivilant. Just sucks that I will have to wait longer now. Took them week and half to get this kit and the headbolts in.

· Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also I am getting the head shaved should I be worried about that raising compression too much? Will the shop know how much has already been taken off if it has been shaved before (which someone at my work thinks it has been) what is most that is safe?

· Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went back to dealer today and he told me that that would be the mp gasket. Am i mistaken and is the mp gasket made by fel pro? or is this guy just bsing he said as long as the part # begins with a p its right. But the part number on box was P not the part number on gasket.

· Registered
4,833 Posts
There are a lot of parts that Chrysler "sub-contracts" parts out to, but if it were a Mopar part, it would have the number on the part. They buy gasket sets from Fel-pro but they make their own head gasket, but the set does not come with it. You can buy the K&N air filter cleaner from Mopar, and it has a sticker with the p number on it, but the bottle is still just the cleaner that you could get at any o'le parts store.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.