Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a 2.2 or 2.5 Block and Head for a Turbo Daytona ASAP. I'm in Central NC, so if anyone has one within reasonable driving distance, PLEASE let me know!

Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a 1988 2.2 carb'd engine I pulled from a 1988 Dakota. I had the carb rebuilt but ten the engine deveoled a slight knock. I yanked it and dropped in a 1989 Shadow 2.2 TBI engine. The one from the Dakota is complete, including the starter, but no alternator. I will even through in a bunch of Shadow parts if you are interested. $200 plus shipping for the engine I yanked, or come to the West Coast of Georgia and haul it home for $200. I have family in Mooresville, so maybe wecould work something out.

Blessings,
Sasky
BareFoot Soul - A Christian Rock Band

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
An '87 turbo 2.2 from a Daytona would be a T-II-(forged internals, & 8 bolt flywheel) . One of those in good running condition won't exactly be cheap. If you widened your search parameters to any '86 through '89 2.2 or 2.5 turbo long block, you'll probably get faster results. You only need the block and head anyway, so the manifolds and sensors can all be switched over.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
or just about any 2.2 CB that was turbo would be close as well. And in truth almost a performance upgrade.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
An '87 turbo 2.2 from a Daytona would be a T-II-(forged internals, & 8 bolt flywheel) . One of those in good running condition won't exactly be cheap. If you widened your search parameters to any '86 through '89 2.2 or 2.5 turbo long block, you'll probably get faster results. You only need the block and head anyway, so the manifolds and sensors can all be switched over.
That would be fine as long as it bolts up fine...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have a 87-88 Tll out of a 87 Daytona. It was taken out at a pick-n-pull so I know nothing about it. 100.00 located in Poquoson Va 23662

Wayne

·
Registered
145 Posts
crank will be pricey for a t2 the common blocks up here in mass i trip over alll over the place. find yaself a 2.2 t2 crank (forged) and then ANY common block will work.

have issues finding a common block Pm me. i must have at least 3 out back.

plus there are tons of em on car-part.com

i got a t2 block last week for 35$ (empty)

sold me the head for 10$ as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts