Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just blew a freeze plug in my tbi horizon, and I'm looking for a decent replacement in case of block damage (haven't checked yet). Looking for at least a good short block, but a long block or complete engine would be better. Let me know what you've got laying around, preferably in the midwest, the closer to northern Indiana the better. I'd spend a fair amount on something that has lower miles or is a known good runner. I'm replacing the engine on an '88 tbi car, I assume any NA long block should be good. Please correct me if I'm wrong. You can reply to this thread, send me a p.m., or send an email to [email protected]

Thanks in advance,
Paul Baker:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know it is far off, but I have a complete 88 2.2 carb'd engine from an 88 Dakota. it began to have a slight knock and I was tired of folling with the carb. I yanked it and put in a 2.2 CB TBI engine from an 89 Shadow. $200 plus shipping from 31909 and it is yours. I'll even throw in the starter from the 89 motor and a new reman alternator for the engine. The Holley carb was rebuilt and I never got the truck on the road, so there is probably $200 worth of sellables on the engine if you rebuild it as a TBI engine.

Blessings,
Sasky
BareFoot Soul - A Christian Rock Band

1 - 3 of 3 Posts