Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a brand new one in the box $15 plus shipping. but do you have the special tool needed to pull off the old one and press on the new one?

I could sell you a complete 1992 3.0 powersteering pump with good pulley $20 plus shipping.
I have no special tools to pull it, what tool do you speak of? I didn't think it would need more than a pulley puller correct?

Are the pumps just a direct swap and same flow at a 90 daytona?? I'm wanting to swap the pulley into my 1990. Thanks!

· Banned
1,701 Posts
probably cost more than you can get one from a JY. or maybe if you took you pump off, went to the parts store and bought a new pulley, then rented the special tool, you'd come out for a lot cheaper.

BTW $15 is the price for a new pulley right from any autoparts store and Autozone rents the tool you need for FREE!!!!

or I'd send you my pump for $40 with shipping.

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
probably cost more than you can get one from a JY. or maybe if you took you pump off, went to the parts store and bought a new pulley, then rented the special tool, you'd come out for a lot cheaper.

BTW $15 is the price for a new pulley right from any autoparts store and Autozone rents the tool you need for FREE!!!!

or I'd send you my pump for $40 with shipping.
Thanks, I called advance and they had one for like 17.77+tax.

One last question though, I didn't rent the tool yet, but can it be done in the engine or does the pump have to come out? Thanks!

· Banned
1,701 Posts
well, have yourself a look at how tight that pump is do the fram rail and you'll easily answer that question.

The last one I did on a 3.0 daytona, I pulled the passenger axle shaft (10min job) removed the 4 bolts that hold the pump to the motor and let it hang by the hoses. having the axle out gave a lot more room. total job took less than 40min start to finish, no hoist, only the pulley special tool for unique tools. rest all basic service hand tools and an impact wrench.

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got to look at it after work, Its quite a tight space, This might wait till I pull my tranny out to put in my Fidanza Flywheel and TII/TIII clucth kit, thanks for the advice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.