Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a manual tranny 90 or preferebly a 91 high torque sbec for my 90 daytona

·
Registered
425 Posts
90 and 91

are NOT the same

my 91 sbec is designated a "HI TORQUE". 90 series isnt. 92 the cruise control circuit changed among other things and is a standalone year. 91 is basically a standalone year also. there are several differences between the 90 and 91 car. the 91 carries a PDC and the engine harness is NOT applicable to a 90.
essentially the cars are VERY different. the headlight module in the 90 is deleted for 91. also the dash harness is different. brakes are different..etc etc

regardless..

if u have a 91 car search for a 91 hi torque SBEC.

NOT a 90 or a 92.

·
Registered
425 Posts
also

what you may want too look for is a 1990 MP SBEC for the 5 speed.

i have a 90 MP sbec but its for an auto car. they are out there.

·
Banned
1 Posts
More or less, the 90 and 91 SBEC ARE the same, meaning they are interchangable. They are BOTH SBEC I's. Yes the 91 is considered a high torque, but i had both of them in my lebaron, and really did not feel that great of a difference honestly. They will both work.

The 92 SBEC is ENTIRELY different, and will not work in any car other than a the year it was intended for.

Joe

·
Registered
425 Posts
sbecs

yes i agree they are mostly the same..but i have had issues in interchangeability amongst 90 and 91. well not me but this guy i tried to help.
i know my 91 ran great on a reman 90 5 speed sbec. anyways...

for example , I just sent a guy on this list a sbec for his 90 shelby 2.5t1

i sent him an mp sbec out of my personal car. a 90 shelby 2.5t1 a413
the mp sbec is for a 2.5T1 AUTO..

he gets it installed the car starts right up.. then dies and wont restart.
now i tested the item before i sent it in my buddys 90 2.5t1 a413. it worked.

so anyway i send him another sbec.. that wont work either. starts the car,, runs for 2 secs.. then dies. wont restart guy sent me videos with sound!

dealership tells him..
>>I had the Dodge dealship call me about the setup
and here is what was said" Your car is a early model 90, the late model 90 and 91 cars 's computer gave a feedback voltage from the Ignition switch to the computer to make it run, this is why with the other computers, the car shuts off..
i have never heard of this anybody else??

they say the mp sbec spans the years for 90-91 yet it wont run his car.

i slammed the mp sbec he sent back in my 91 it started right up.

so whats the deal here. :bang head

·
Registered
623 Posts
90 2.5 T1 5 spd w/cruise SBEC , from CS (AGB) Daytona . $50 shipped

1 - 12 of 12 Posts