Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have a bad starter, I need a replacement, does anyone have one laying around? must be a Bosch style in order to clear the external wastegate and exhaust manifold (TBI with T3 flange welded on it)

I believe most of the early turbo L bodies had this style starter on them. My GLHS came stock with this style.

Thanks for the help.

Gordon

86' GLHS
turbonetics GT-K 350
tial 38mm wastegate
JE pistons
A555 & T2 block
big valve head
F5 cam

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
if you already have the bosch starter your best bet would be to look up your local
starter / alternator shop , take it in to them and have it rebuilt

better to spend the money on freashness than shipping

20 years ago they were already a hard to find part as most get replaced with a nipendenso for a carb motor as most parts departments would have had that in stock

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
i have a working bosch starter that came off my 85 turismo carb car, can post up a pic if you want

there much bigger than the nippondenso LOL

PM sent

·
Boost is a good thing!!
1,008 Posts
I think I have a bad starter, I need a replacement, does anyone have one laying around? must be a Bosch style in order to clear the external wastegate and exhaust manifold
Gordon
I have 2 of the Bosch style starters, known good working when pulled. I can do $40.00 shipped on one.

P4160416.JPG

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Still waiting on hearing back from him

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offers, I decided to check into getting a rebuild done first, will let you know if I still need one. G

1 - 6 of 6 Posts