Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a decent tow dolly to move my cars around with. NYC area, Northern to Central NJ or Pocono PA areas all good i can pick up. anybody?

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
there hard to come by, try craigslist you might be able to find one on there. you could buy a new one for like 1000 bux. What i did was got a tow bar from harbor freight and use that, its not as good and it takes some time to mount it (have to remove the bumper cover and drill holes in the metal bumper etc.. but it was only like 40 bux

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
there hard to come by, try craigslist you might be able to find one on there. you could buy a new one for like 1000 bux. What i did was got a tow bar from harbor freight and use that, its not as good and it takes some time to mount it (have to remove the bumper cover and drill holes in the metal bumper etc.. but it was only like 40 bux
I was thinking about that for my car, It would pay for it self in a few days with my luck. doesn't seem too difficult. Do you have pics of the braces?

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
im not sure how to explain it but there are 2 bars and then theres a bracket on each bar that you have to drill 4 holes in the bumper to mount them and use bolts and your good to go. i always wrap a chain around the bumper and then to the hitch just incase they rip out of the bumper. the car is stable on the highway but its real sketchy turning cause of all four wheels on the ground

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds unsafe and obviously not that hot for towing my R/T with obviously once again any tow dollys, not homemade

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
The main difference is that this is a permanent install on the brackets, then it's a matter of clicking everithing together then go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts