Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for floor pans front and possibly rear for an 87 daytona. Let me know if you have some in good shape.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
If your looking for used you might want to look under the provinces of alberta members and see if they can get some for you as Alberta seems to have the least amount of rusting due to road salts.
Theres nothing showing up on Chrysler computers for floor panels that are new from their parts depts in north america.

·
Boost is a good thing!!
1,008 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the offer, but I need just floor boards. I don't want a roller. I'd also like to save this Shelby Z instead of parting and crushing it, plus I've had it for 10 years and there's some sentimental value I have in it.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To the top. There's got to be some southern cars heading for crushers and somone with a sawzall that could help donate their floorboards and save a northen Daytona :)

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I have an 87 that we are going to strip and salvage. I think it is clean underneath, but I don't know how I would ship them.....

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cut the floor boards out and ship them to Minnesota I can pick them up there. I would say cut from where the seat bolts to the floor up to the gas pedal and then from the console to the door sill on each side and cut out the rear floor pans in a similar fashion. I'm not sure how big these would be... like 2.5 feet squared and 8 inches thick? If you stacked them up they should fit in a box or two worst case scenario. Let me know what you'd want for them and when they could be available? A couple pics before we close the deal would be helpful as well to [email protected] Thanks you would be saving a shelby daytona from the wreckers!

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Cut the floor boards out and ship them to Minnesota I can pick them up there. I would say cut from where the seat bolts to the floor up to the gas pedal and then from the console to the door sill on each side and cut out the rear floor pans in a similar fashion. I'm not sure how big these would be... like 2.5 feet squared and 8 inches thick? If you stacked them up they should fit in a box or two worst case scenario. Let me know what you'd want for them and when they could be available? A couple pics before we close the deal would be helpful as well to [email protected] Thanks you would be saving a shelby daytona from the wreckers!
we will be stripping the car in about 2 weeks, I'll take some pictures then....

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I would seriously not count on that

the front pan may will be the same but the rear section may be vastly diff

I second that remark.
The sections are slightly different from the Daytona
The H's were different they were longer in the back.
The J's were about the same I think 1/4 or 1/2" difference in the back shorter.
( It's been a while since I explored this option for someone else )
But good luck with it anyway, Anythings worth a shot nowadays.

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
yeah , going all the way back to the darts / dusters - sattelites/coronets : the rear foot pans are where they make the difference in the structure to invent the different wheelbase lengths

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not worried about an inch or two. A sawzall cutoff wheel and torch will ensure they fit :) Still much easier than working with a piece of flat sheet metal and trying to turn it into a floor pan.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sending this back to the top. still need floorboards. Everyone says "don't crush em save em". Here's your chance to help. there's lots of daytonas getting scrapped in the south with mint floors. Cut them out for me I'll pay you!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ttt.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ttt.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really need floor pans. I think lebaron/lancer/shadow should fit as well. They're crushing up lat 80's early 90's dodges every day in the south, someone must have a sawzall to help a northerner out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts