Turbo Dodge Forums banner

WTB Late 80's Charger/Turismo, Shadow/Sundance

2K views 49 replies 10 participants last post by  Screamin4banger 
#1 ·
Looking to buy 1985-1987 Dodge Charger/Plymouth Turismo non-turbo. (Yes I realize this is TurboDodge.com, but I'm sure a lot of you guys with Turbo Dodges have some Non-turbo cars as well). Prefer it to be in halfway decent shape with a manual trans, but an automatic is fine as well. Looking for a cheapy to knock around in and get halfway decent mileage.

Or, Late 80's early 90's Shadow/Sundance. Same as above, prefer stick but it really doesn't matter. Non turbo again, need gas mileage over performance at this point.

If anybody has any of these cars sitting in the yard not being used let me know! I don't really NEED the car, but it would be nice to get a gas sipper. Either PM me here or E-mail me at Danpd66@aol.com. Location, what your looking at getting for it, and pics would be great too!

Thanks in advance,

Dan :)

#4 ·
Unless you find a car that in just about perfect shape, you'd probably get better fuel economy with a turbo car. I have personally found that the na cars tend be be a bit "tired" due to their old age. And we all know the quality of materials Mother Mopar was forced to use in the 80's, so most of the na cars are long gone.

The turbo cars on the other hand tend to have had previous owners who typically "valued" their cars a bit more. They were special cars because they were turbo cars.

Most of the Shelby Chargers and TI Lebarons I've owned have all gotten well over 28-32 mpg. Some even more, vacuum is a wonderful thing for fuel economy...... if you can stay out of the boost!!!!

Good luck!

#16 ·
it is a 1984 maybee 85 i got to look at the title again, shelby charger, black with silver stipes, the interrior looks like new the exterrior need alittle work, i have new parts for the body as far as a new hatch and fenders, it runs and drives 5spd, 92,000 miles on it, new feul pump and gas tank and i installed a boost guage,i will take $800 or best offer and i live in delaware ohio

#17 ·
i read through this thread, and it seems like you want a running car. i have an 84 charger, NA, but it had a 2.5CB a413 in it, i took that out and put it in my omni. in the shell of the car sits a 85 t1 block pistons/rods/ turned crank. tons of other misc parts, has a SC hood and front end, pizza wheels. has a a525 transmission.

if you really want a car bad, you can have this cheap cheap, but will take some work (lots)

if not, im taking brake booster (24mm) struts, and wheels, and its going to the JY.

oh, it also has no title, my friend pulled it from the junkyard and built it up, then sold it to me, might be best it goes back to the yard.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.