Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for an Over the Top Intercooler kit for a log style car. I need the whole deal! Manifold and intercooler the Special LM would also be nice. LMK what you have!

NedB

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Something for you to consider: For all the work involved the gains you will see aren't worth the trouble. Mounted OTVC the intercooler acts like a heatsink, absorbing heat from the turbo below. That design was a stopgap measure for the early TI's.
If you want a better idea look at this: Look up a thread titled "Power Module Cooling" posted by chilort in Atlanta dated 2-18-'08 at 01-51 A.M..
This is the best thing short of going to the late TI blow-through design & adding an IC, or a TII. No changes to wiring harness needed. No cutting up a hood for clearance either.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Im looking for an Over the Top Intercooler kit for a log style car. I need the whole deal! Manifold and intercooler the Special LM would also be nice. LMK what you have!

NedB
i have an over the top intercooler will sell it for 50 bucks the one tube is welded on the wrong way from a prior owner pm if interesed

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its for my cousins car and hes wanting to keep it old skool. I feel there is alot more to these cars than speed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts