Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of some information about a couple of mod's I would like to do on the PT at the Cleveland Rocks Cruise and I need your imput.
In the pic below, there is a front air dam and the side skirts on this PT Cruiser. I would like to do the exact same thing on mine.
My question is, have you done this to your PT? Did you do the work yourself? Did you order them already painted or did you get a local body shop to paint them? How hard are they to install? Do yuo like the look of them.
The reason I have all these questions is, I live in Canada and the duty and taxes would be a killer to get them here. But I would really like to order them through Race and Street and have them install them professionally when I am at the show in May.
I need your comments, question, concerns and possibly some answers to the above questions.

Thanx,
Mike

1,038 Posts
Installation of these parts isn't that complicated, but you will need plenty of TIME and a partner to help you position them as well...a lift would definitely help you in this case!!

Race&street pretty much has the cheapest prices and they do excellent work. I would just let them do it for you.

If you look at it in the big picture... you're probably gonna wind up spending the same amount (if not more) if you get a shop to install/paint them for you. That's that they will definitely not have the experience that race and street's mechanics already have installing all these pt parts.

Regarding the look... "YOU'LL LOVE IT" no if's and buts about it!!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Install is real easy to me. :)

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Xenon kit pieces fit without much problem. The shop here was surprised there was no needed prep work to fit it...only to paint it.

RN

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Always do a test fit of the part, NO MATTER WHAT this way you know that it will work before you spend the $ and the Time to paint them. As Xeneon says the part will or may look like it is out of shape. Follow there instructions about letting the part warm up and return to its natual shape. They do have a memory.

Xenon are probably the best on the market with there body kits. I have found that they have the most ridged parts, not flimmsey like alot of ABS parts.

If you are going to a Show and wan them installed there order from a vendor that will be present (Race & Street ect) and have them paint before they show up. If not take your time find the good deal and have you paint and body match the color. You can install them your self (very easy) or the body/paint shop.

[email protected]
Mile High PT's Parts & Accessories

As always Cruise Safe.... :)

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I had R &S paint mine and install them and their paint quality was excellent to say the least. They put on the front and rear bumper cover at CTF I and the paint ,especially hard to do on the Inferno Red, was perfect. :x

Since then I got the crusher and opted not to have them paint it since it had to be shipped to me. Big mistake....the shop I had do the crusher painted it 3 times and it is still not right. It was only half the price but I got half of a job too. }(

You get what you pay for!!! 8*

Go with R&S for paint and install :{(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts