Turbo Dodge Forums banner

21 - 40 of 140 Posts

·
Administrator
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Rusty friggen power seat tracks, going to try and make one good unit out of two. Pics to come hopefulyl over the holidays of it sand blasted, painted and re-assembled.

S

·
0 Posts
Dang, I thought my seat was rusty, that thing is rust flakes holding hands and slipping almost!

I'm going to shoot my a fresh coat of black and make it look a bit better in the next week or so.

·
Administrator
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah, that is after I beat most of the rust off, good thing you cant see them under the seat they are pitted bad but hopefully I can get one in good working order.

·
Administrator
10,118 Posts
sand blast and POR15 everything. They look like seat brackets from a 48' Chrysler lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice looking project ! I am in Middle Sackville, but sounds like you have a lot more parts than I do....

Keep us posted !

Trevor
SL512

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
ve haf yur seats - aund ze door panelz tu - for a small ransom zey may be veturned to yah carh

zey ar finish in de corect light charcoal grey cow skin for de 89 zelby

prob haf good tracks on em too

·
Administrator
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I can attest to the accuracy of this map.
:rolleyes:

ou still have your GLH william, seen one on kijiji not long ago that I thought may have been yours.

·
Administrator
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Administrator
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
love you build !! sequential brake lights are crazy , how much did it cost ?
Nothing:thumb:

I built the module out of parts I had laying around at work (probably around $30 of electronic parts including the protective case), and rewiring the tail light just took maybe two feet of 18 ga wire, five connectors and a roll of electrical tape.

Took quite a bit of time though, but I took extra time so that if the system fails or the cops don't like it, it would take about 20 seconds to put it back to factory, everything is plug and play with connectors.

My biggest deal was trying to figure out how to get the Electronic Voice Alert rear tail lamp and brake lamp sensor to work with the sequencial lights, I end up saying screw it on the sensor, sequencial is cooler:thumb:

·
Administrator
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Speaking of EVA, I got the system completely installed (except additional underhood sensors) and everything works great, gotta snap a vid soon, but it's too freaken cold out to do anything right now.... your keys are in the ignition... door is ajar... washer fluid is low.... FOCK OFF! I wish it had a woman voice.

·
Administrator
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Found pictures of my car before it was touched! I did not take these, these were taken in 2007 by a friend (who bought the car and painted all black) of my best friend (who bought the car from him, and then I bought it off my best friend, got that?

Anyways for the shape it's in and km's (48,000k) I would say it's survivor.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Perhaps you can pass it on to your daughter!

Dennis

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
that brings back some memories

a (ex) buddy bought one brand new back in the spring of 89

$23900 out the door - same as your's with t tops , dig dash & leather

I had the oppertunity to drive it when it was still only a few weeks old - NICE CAR !!

the end of the week before x mass that same year it got POUNDED in the rear by a topaz or tempo

a couple of buddies & I saw the accident on our way home from shoppin - he got knocked all the way across the intersection , both Q buckeled to heck , back bumper skin shattered like glass

he almost broke his neck against the back seat - his seat back collased and the car got pushed out from under him - much harder of a hit and he'd of gone right out the back window - yes he had his seatbelt on , his feet caught the lap belt

7K in damage

the next summer he had the car "stolen" and torched - then tryed to convince us that "it just happened" and he didn't know anything about it

yeah , right after he spent all spring trying to con one of us to do it for him

oddly , I found it at the wreaker's the week after (didn't know it was gone till I saw it)
almost directly across the yard's driveway from it sat the tempo / topaz that had hit it

and across the road from me there was a tavern - dureing the week after there was a light blue cop car sitting there like it was watchin my place - nice , but not my concern as I didn't have anything to do with it

I scooped one of the plates off it - said to the guy at the jy counter it was off my buddie's car - figured he might want one of his first plates for a keepsake (heh heh)

one of the guys sitting at a desk behind the counter just glared at me
( local legend has it - that yard is a mob deal)
I still think that the 2 cars sitting so close together was more than a freek of nature

buddy just about freeked when he came over the next time and saw the plate nailed to the wall in my garage

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
ah found memories.

Jonathan are you going to do very much work under the hood?

·
Administrator
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
ah found memories.

Jonathan are you going to do very much work under the hood?
Oh yes:thumb:

The current engine and everything with it is getting yanked out, engine bay is getting samded down and painted, all the old wire loom is coming out and new put in and taped, new vacuum lines all around, an acid dipped and painted rebuilt motor is getting put back in. Everything I cannot buy new and shiney will be sanded down and painted or powdercoated. Everything will be factory colors however.

Of coarse none of this has happened yet pending funds, I got alot of projects to take care of on the house so nothing this year, and a garage is planned for the next year so nothing much the next, only tinkering and junkyard hunting for now.

I plan for this to be a sunday warrior and show car, simular to shelbymopar89's build if you ever seen that red 89 shelby, I also plan to have it and enjoy it till i'm too old to drive, since i'm 25 hopefully thats not for a long time:thumb:

21 - 40 of 140 Posts