Turbo Dodge Forums banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Administrator
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Thanks man, yeah I tried all heat and several hammer blows (but I only have propane). Think I will slice it with a dremal and split it tomorrow insread of wasting anymore time. The shaft is garbage but I don.t want to ruin it still..

·
Administrator
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
The ol' trans got painted, all bearings pressed in and everything but the differential put in. Got to get some smaller shim(s) for the diff before it goes in, but other wise all ready to rock! If sex was made of steel and aluminium!

·
Administrator
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
DONE! Got the shims today and slapped it together finally. Also made a new harness for the starter while it was out, first 12in of cable is covered with a kevlar sleeve.

Also put in new engine mounts and filled them solid with sweet sweet polyurethane

Now time to slap her back together and come on spring!

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Well...

The Daytona is parked/stored for the winter, and seems I may change direction on her future, plans of restoration still but a milder engine treatment.

Because the (eventually) built 2.5 Turbo motor sitting in the shed is going in this :

1988 Dodge Aries-K LE, I am second owner, 35,000km elderly lady car, garage stored, bucket seats. I have been watching this car for years :D

I will be opening a new thread on the k-car in the near future, it's going to be a slow but steady project :thumb:

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
3 Years of engine reliability has come to a close, running on 3 cylinders and blowing tons of blue smoke. Could be piston or head related, hoping the head.

But she will be laid up for awhile, good thing is almost the end of the season, but still man tears lol

·
Administrator
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Update! Daytona is in storage still blown up, waiting for funds to build a garage. Picked up another spare running 2.5 Turbo motor to sit on the floor, likely I will drop this one into the Daytona.

Other news, I've heard of the horror stories... cars following people home...

1990 Daytona ES Turbo, 2.5T, A523. Runs and drives but looks like it has blowby and the floor is toast.

Bought for spare exterior for the 89 Daytona Shelby, and engine and trans for the turbo k-car project. Hell of a price, hell of a useful engine combo for my plans, and towing was free, I couldn't say no!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Have you considered spreading butter on the floor?

·
Administrator
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Where has the time went! Been struggling with TD login issues for almost 2 years and finally got it figured out

Anyhow been busy as hell, built a myself garage, refreshed a motor, bought and chopped up some parts cars etc etc. Starting with the garage back in 2017, it was time to give the Daytona and K-car a good home, and important piece in the puzzle of both projects

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Then a friend stumbled across this complete running Zero mileage 89 2.5 Turbo motor and A525 trans used for diagnostics at a local community college more than a decade ago. SMEC, harness, A525 trans and all. Bought it off him, and destined for a teardown inspection and refresh and going into the Daytona Shelby. SCORE!

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Junkyard scores, grabbed alot of hard to find goodies and spare parts for both the Shelby and K-car projects. Scored multiple SMEC's, Digital Dash's, Illuminated entry hardware, power seat tracks and 2.5T odds and ends. All automatics though and one was V6, booooo

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Came across this poor old thing while out of town for work at a junkyard, grabbed a few oddities off of it but most of the car was garbage

Attachments

121 - 140 of 140 Posts