Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I’d ask some of you gents before I go ahead.

I know there are a million and one threads about sound systems. And well I’ve read about 1000 of them. The car in question is a 86 Daytona.

I’m running a Bluetooth amp so I don’t have to hack out the dash and install something else that looks goofy. I Will mount it somewhere under the seat or in the trunk.
I wanted to change out my 5 1/4 door speakers for 6 1/2, I want to run coaxials just for the ease, unless you guys think bumping up to components and mounting tweeters in the dash will give an overwhelming improvement. For the rear - just going to stay 5x7s since it seems like that’s the only thing that will fit back there without modification.

I have been looking at the Infinity speakers, both the reference and Kappas, does anyone have any experience with them and know if their 6 1/2 and 5x7s will plug and play? o if their good at all?

I will gladly take other suggestions as well to other quality speakers. I have not made any decisions so far

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the kappas in my shadow and my lebaron sedan. they are good quality. the price leaves you with some remorse.

Had to make a spacer ring to push the speaker away from the driver window. Daytona has a much better speaker layout.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Jig saw and 3/16" plywood. you wont have that problem, the speakers on the AA body cars are at the tops of the doors, Daytona has clearance all over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts