Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a month or so away from gettin' this year's family $ installment! Since you've done some of the cam stuff yourself, what will the difficulty be in disassembling the engine WITH the Whipple on it, to install the Crane #10's & tensioner?
Figured I'd get an idea before finding an engine place!
Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
It's super easy to do the actual cams with the Whipple on, but it is near impossible to properly do the timing belt. As you may or may not know, but to do the timing belt properly, you have to drop the passenger motor mount, to allow you access to the belt cover. The Whipple blower unfortunately, prevents the engine from moving downwards! This means you have to be a hell of a contosionist to get the thing apart.
I did manage to do mine with the Whipple in place, but for subsequent installations I pulled the whole thing apart.
Your best bet would be to simply rip it out, do the cams and tensioner, and then put it back together.... And you know, since it is soooo far apart anyways, why not pull the head right off, and ship it over to Bob? You may as well do a mild port-and-polish job, and he can port match the Whipple manifold for better flow....

Brad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts