Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just purchased a DRB II that was missing the cable to connect to the under hood connector. Miller Specialty Tools reports that the cable, CC2000, is discontinued. Rather than endlessly search for one, I'd much rather build one. I have an extra SCI cable from my Actron 9145 scanner that I can use to assist me in building this cable. All I need now is the pin-outs of cable end of the DRB II. Can anyone help?

· Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks NAJ, I just downloaded the DRB III manual and the pinouts were listed in there. I was wondering what pin 5 (Dark Blue) did and your picture helped. Thanks NAJ. Below is a summary of my findings. Also note pin 5 on the SCI is the Switched Ignition.

Attachments

· Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just tried making the airbag diagnostic cable for the DRB II and failed. The pinouts that I have for the BUS connector seem to differ from that of the earlier Airbag Diagnostic Connector, although physically they are the same connector. Does anyone have the pinouts for the Airbag Diagnostic Connector? Preferably for a 1990 Dodge Omni or any 1989 and prior vehicle with an airbag? Its this connector:

· Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Congrats on building the cable. If I saw this post earlier I would have commented that in my original drawing of the pins I think I reversed the pins, pin 1 is actually pin 7 and so on. This would have explained the issue you were having earlier trying to boot up the DRB, since that is what happened when I tried building the cable first.

I did notice on version 8 of the super cartridge, you have a DRB II Adapters menu. Any idea what that is? I don't have that on my version 7 cartridge.

· Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Excellent write up! If you can figure out a plug and play connector for the volt meter, that would be excellent. I haven't really looked into myself but I know with the right banana connector and lead, it can be made to work. Just have to put some time and research what will fit, which I haven't done yet.

· Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
To jwillis84, Chrysler had a cartridge marked 98 Ultra V1.2 7-24-97 $CB56 53-200-9243 or something like that along with an OBD II looking connector for the DRB II for use in cars that were going to adopt the OBD II standard before 1996. See this post for more details:
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4...rysler-development-cartridge.html#post2507159

To ecaruci, the drawing represents the male end of a din 8 connector that plugs into the female end of the DRB. If you mirror image the pins, i.e. pin 7 is actually pin 1, the mirror image would be the pinouts of the female DRB connector. Use this to construct a cable using any generic din 8 connector and any spare SCI cable that you can cut up.

For my cable I bought a generic din 8 male cable, wired to a DB15 breakout box, which connects to my Actron scanner cable:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.